Last week we discussed the importance of curb appeal when selling your home. We all know about the importance of first impressions, you could have the most immaculate home interior around but if your home lacks curb appeal, no one will get in past the front door to even see the inside!
Spring is the time that most of us want to increase the appeal of our homes, both inside and out. It’s a time to simplify and renew, and here are a few tips from Better Homes and Gardens of some simple things you can do to increase the curb appeal of your home. It’s supposed to be 62dgs on Friday, so there’s no time like the present to spruce up your exterior!
- Replace Old Hardware – House numbers, the entry door lockset, wall mounted mailboxes, and overhead light fixtures are all elements that can add style and interest to your exterior. For best results these fixtures should function collectively rather than as mix and match pieces.
- Dress up the Front Door – Your home’s front entry is the focal poitn of its curb appeal. Start by cleaning off any dirty spots around the knob and use metal polish on the fixtures. If you are feeling more brave, you can make a statement by painting your front door with a blast of color.
- Install Outdoor Lighting – Low-voltage landscape lighting makes a huge impact on the beauty of your homes exterior, with an added bonus of safety and security.
- Green! – Renew your flower beds, install window boxes, add some potted plants on the porch, bring life to your home!
- Windows – Clean your windows until they sparkle. Add shutters to the front windows or install flower boxes below to brighten the area with flowers.
- Fence – Repair any loose or broken boards and give it a fresh coat of paint. This will give your home a crisp newer look.
These are just a few suggestions that would take minutes and only a few dollars to implement, but could draw more traffic to your home. The busy spring Utah real estate season is upon us, give us a call and we can give you other helpful tips and help you get your home sold fast!
Powered by Facebook Comments